Do you believe somethings should be said?

I was told to keep a secret in the closet. When my boyfriend and I first started dating I cheated on him. I learned my mistake and will never do it again. I have let time pass and I have fallen love with him but I want to tell him that I made the mistake. A friend told me to keep it and don't tell him till the realitionship grows. I don't want to lose him over a dumb mistake I did.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• uh oh...this is a hard one. Honesty is key, but just know that because you have kept your secret so long, he may be really upset. He could think that if you kept a secret that long from him, what else are you keeping? I know it would make you feel better to get it off your chest, but as far as wether or not to do it, its hard to say. Just know, that if you do tell him, be prepared for him to be upset. He may totally understand (but unlikely...) You just need to imagine how you would be if he did this to you....
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 11:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• He is a soldier and how can you tell someone over the phone or a text I would of said something by now if he was in the states I havemt even seen him yet
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• it's easy to do wrong, but harder to do what's right. you know what the right thing is. he deserves to know if he's with a liar. it was selfish to cheat, but it would be even more selfish to keep it from him just to keep him. there's a good chance he might leave, but you knew the consequences when you comitted the act.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 11:54 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• First started dating? As in a few days, weeks, months? You had already swapped "I love you"'s? If it wasTHAT early on (as in days or weeks) , don't even mention it. You know that you didn't do it out of anything, and you know you never will cheat....why plant a seed of doubt?
    Anonymous

• When is the right time an how? He just spent $500 to fly me out to where he is and I don't want to lose him he is the most wonderful guy I ever had
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It was a couple days into our realitionship.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:03 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• One of my closest friends had an affair the first month she and her hubby were married. I was so shocked to have heard this. I asked her how shes been able to keep that to herself.... they have been married 26 years now. She said she knew it was wrong, and asked God to forgive her..... I still dont like to even think about it....
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• What purpose would hurting him serve? I don't think you should tell him. You were not married to him. Just don't do it again. Spend the rest of your life making it up to him. Men don't forgive easily. I wouldn't run the risk of losing him. I'd just behave myself from now on

Answer by admckenzie at 12:15 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Thank you
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:17 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Well only you can answer this one it's tuff and if you tell him he might break up with you since you were dating when you cheated then again he might just get mad and stay.
    It's never ok to cheat under any circumstances because it's trouble and what you do in the dark sure will come to the light.....you weigh it and decided if you want to tell him......goood luck
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 1:56 AM on Mar. 3, 2011