My son (14months) goes to bed 9:30,wakes up at 6:00am-7am, I then run into the kitchen get a bottle of milk & he sleeps for another 2 hours is this a bad thing to do ? Or should I just get up when he does

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I actually do the same thing or at least I try she does not always go back to sleep but I figure it cant hurt because sleep is good for them I mean I dont make her go back to sleep if she doesnt roll back over and fall asleep then I will get up with her.
    Justgottaloveem

Answer by Justgottaloveem at 11:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• no it's a good thing. that's what i used to do. actually, i used to have an excersaucer next to my bed, and when he woke up really early, i would make a bottle, put him in the excersaucer (he was holding it up at the time), throw some cartoons on and go back to sleep. normally he would wake up at the same time, and he would watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, which turned into his favorite as a baby. he would wake me up when Handy Manny was over with (which was right after Mickey) so i got an extra hour of sleep. sometimes though, i'd wake up to find him fall asleep in the excersaucer...it was so cute. i would either put him in bed with me or put him back in the crib. i don't know if that's what got him on the schedule he is on now, but he doesn't wake up till 8am now. if he does wake up before 8, he plays until 8. it's like he KNOWS when 8am is.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:57 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• oh that wasn't when he was at 14 months btw, that was more like 5-6 months. by 7 months he was sleeping through the night from 8-8. but hey, as long as he's getting enough sleep and not fussy enough to drive you crazy from lack of sleep, i'd say go for it
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Does it work for you? If so then go with it.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Well, I like my kids to sleep a full 12 hours at night, so I would do the same thing.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:16 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Theoretically if he is going right back to sleep, he is still tired but his tummy wakes him. I think you are good. If he doesn't go back to sleep, you should probably get up with him as he is ready to be up. But I think as it has been explained here, you are doing exactly what he needs you to do.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:27 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I get up when my kids get up no matter what time it is. I dnt fall asleep til 2-3am because my SO doesn't get home until then and I cant fall asleep without him. And my kids 2yr and 10m gt up between 7-7:30 and I get up. And I'm 32wks pregnant. You do what you have to do. If you want to sleep then go to sleep when your child does.
    Anonymous