Wedding dinner.... $13.95 a plate....is that good?

We are planning our wedding....and each plate is $13.95 a plate, and we are taking care of the wedding ourselves....

My question: Is this a good price?

We get to choose 3 different meats, 2 sides, and one side such as salad. We have lots of choices, but my fiance thinks $13.95 a plate is like outrageous expensive...

katieandchris01

Asked by katieandchris01 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I guess it depends on where you live. When we got married here in CA, that's about what we paid for a dirt cheap caterer (who was AWESOME, BTW). The next cheapest was something like $22/plate at least.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• lol oohhhh wow....we live in Indiana....lol he needs to read this. Maybe make him glad we're able to get it that cheap!
    katieandchris01

Comment by katieandchris01 (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• That's about as cheap as you can get it here in upstate NY. I would say that's very reasonable.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• LOL, definitely shop around. Look on yelp.com for caterers, and call the good ones for pricing ideas. Might hemp if you have info from more than one caterer, too. Good luck, and congratulations!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• i had my uncle cater so i am really not sure but what part of IN u live in. I live in s. IN?
    brooklyndm

Answer by brooklyndm at 11:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• we are about 1 1/2 hrs north west of Indy :)
    katieandchris01

Comment by katieandchris01 (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• We paid $35 a plate 20 years ago here Southern California and we only had one choice and it was just for chicken and that was the cheapest plate they had. That is an awesome deal IMO...
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 1:27 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Reasonable
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:29 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• than you for all the input!! Sounds like we are in for a good deal then!!
    katieandchris01

Comment by katieandchris01 (original poster) at 9:07 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Not too bad. The most l have seen was $15 a plate and this is in MN
    ja2010

Answer by ja2010 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 3, 2011