How did you choose your child's/children's name(s)?

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 12:03 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Baby Names

• First baby I had two names picked up. I just liked them. My now ex didnt like the first name so we went with the second name (Kristen) which also was a friends name.

Second baby we didnt have a name picked. We had thrown some around but we didnt know if our baby was a boy or girl until he was born. I chose to name him Gavin. I was out of it when they came in for the birth cert and my ex gave him his name and middle name Gavin. He goes by Gavin.

3rd baby we had unisex names again didnt know the sex. I named him Taylor, dh chose Hayden for a middle name.

4th was a family name baby. First name was his paternal grandpas name, middle was maternal great grandpas name.

5th also family names. First name maternal great grandmas name, middle name paternal aunts name.

Answer by gemgem at 8:44 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• from bible and the other one from baby's name book
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Found her first name in a baby book and we had both only ever met one other person with the name so that was a plus.
    Then we were out and about and we met a girl and i thought her name was pretty so i asked DH what he thought.... He threw it together as a middle name and it sounded beautiful so the rest is history.
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• my boyfriend just liked the first name & my uncle past away so i wanted to name him after him as his middle name
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:13 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• DS was half a day old and we still hadn't agreed on anything. The hospital was waiting for the name to put it on the birth certificate. DH was thinking about the name "Tobiyah" which means "God is good." His sister called and asked if we had a name yet, and when he said no, she said, "Well, God is good." When DH suggested it to me, it was the only name we remotely agreed on.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:17 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• For my son we both went through this book and picked out which names we liked best, then compared lists and tossed out names from the other that we didn't like with veto power. From there we whittled it down to our son's name, and also agreed on a girl's first name too (middle name is in honor of my paternal grandmother). For my daughter we did the same thing for another boy's name.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:18 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• my So chose brooklyn i wanted lynn in her n ame somewhere bc it has been in my fam for a long time so we said brooklyn and then her middle name is elizabeth after my cousin that passed away she was like a 2nd mom to me
    alw06tchs

Answer by alw06tchs at 1:02 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• i picked out the name i liked most Rylee and i just couldnt decide a middle name the song tattoo by Jordin Sparks came on the radio and i said thats it! Rylee Jordan.. if she wouldve been a boy it wouldve been Riley Jordin
    RyleesMama22708

Answer by RyleesMama22708 at 3:22 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I saw my daughter's first name (Scarlett) on the opening credits of a TV Show (Reba) and I fell in love with it instantly. I heard her middle name (Abigail) on a soap opera (Days of Our Lives) and I fell in love with it instantly. I've known since I was about 15 that I wanted my first daughter to be named Scarlett Abigail. I was lucky enough to marry someone who loves the name as much as I do.

My next child will be named after some of our deceased relatives. If it's a girl, her name will be Olivia Eindy (father in-law's middle name (Oliver) and mother in-law's middle name). If it's a boy, his name will be Oliver Liam (father in-law's middle name and the last four letters of my grandpa's first name (William).
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:41 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• i named my son after a good friend i went to school with..we hung out a lot after school and i just really loved his name. His middle name was his bio-dad. if i could change it, i would. i would change his last name too, which is my maiden name (my dads) ....maybe when he is older if he wants to we will.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:46 AM on Mar. 3, 2011