How soon

Just wondering how soon can someone start feeling signs of pregnancy like morning sickness or craving?? i know everyone is different but is it possible to feel them at a week after conception? or it that mind tricks? thanks

DilsMommy

Asked by DilsMommy at 12:06 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• yes i knew about 7 or 8 days after i was pregnant with my youngest b/c i was sick as allget out
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:08 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Both times I've been pregnant I felt sick one week after conception. I almost threw up a of couple time with both pregnancies...then sickness and all other symptoms other than a missed period went away until weeks 6.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 12:09 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It can take several weeks or it can start immediately. With my first, I started feeling icky (digestive stuff) pretty much immediately. With this one, I didn't feel sick until about week 6, but I was pretty emotional before that.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:15 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• omg cause i have been craving jalophenio (sp?) and olives and i just smelled something and i gagged and had to run in the bathroom buuuuut i always think im preg sooo we will see...wish me luck!!! :)
    DilsMommy

Comment by DilsMommy (original poster) at 12:27 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• true pregnancy symptoms don't start until there is enough HCG to actually cause them. Symptoms don't appear because you are pregnant...symptoms appear because, in RESPONSE to your pregnancy, your body produces more HCG than normal. HcG production doesn't start until the moment of implantation, which occurs (at the very earliest) 5 days after conception. It takes a bare minimum of 4 days after implantation for your body to have noticable amounts of HCG, and that's rare - for most people it will take a week or more.
    So if by some chance you are one of those people who A.) know EXACTLY what day you ovulated, had implantation occur earlier than normal at 5DPO, and has excellent HCG production at 4DPO, it may be possible to feel symptoms by 9DPO.
    More often than not though, these symptoms are all mental. Plenty of people have exactly the same kinds of symptoms at 7-14DPO and turn out not to be pregnant at all.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 12:45 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• lol like i said i always think (hope) i am so mostly i know its in my head. i ovulated 9 days ago...i think i have pms for a week and then start my period...
    DilsMommy

Comment by DilsMommy (original poster) at 2:27 AM on Mar. 3, 2011