What fad diets have you tried?

I don't do them anymore, but in my younger days, I did Slim Fast shakes and I did a pill my then-personal trainer sold me that kept fat from being absorbed. Now I have a better understanding of how this all contributes to yo-yo dieting, and how hard it all is on the body, so I'm doing things the old fashioned way.

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 12:07 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• When I was a teenager I heard of this diet but don't remember what its called exactly but you'd have to eat a tablespoon of peanut butter and drink a glass of equal parts of white vinager and water before bed each night. It was awful and I finally came to the realization it wasn't working and I in turn was just wasting my time.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• None. The one thing that makes the biggest difference for me is cutting out sweets. It really cuts the belly fat, makes me feel better, and is actually healthy and maintainable.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:14 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I tried Weight Watchers once.  I can eat like 4 of the one meals at a time.  SO didn't work for me, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:23 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• After the birth of my first child when I was 24, I was carrying a lot of extra weight. Someone told me about the Zone diet and desperate as I was, I tried it. I did lose a lot of weight. I'm not sure if it was from the fat/protein/carb ratio that is the foundation of the diet, or if it was simply because I was eating so much less, but I dropped about 40 pounds in 3 or 4 months, with little to no exercising. After the birth of my 2nd daughter 2 years later, I tried the Zone diet again, and had no success. I just couldn't figure out why, I was doing the same thing I had done before. Ultimately, I had to just change my entire lifestyle, including becoming an exercise junkie to finally get the weight off, plus an extra 20. I still don't know why the Zone didn't work the 2nd time around...maybe because I was a couple of years older and my metabolism had changed? IDK, but it was the last fad diet I tried, and it was YEARS ago.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:03 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• No fad diets, just the diet pills.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 5:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• None
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:05 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Every one out there until I hit 30...then I realized they don't work LOL
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2011