Is it too far? adult content

So I have a boyfriend, and he is fantastic.

I have many male friends as well.

My boyfriend is very understanding, and is not jealous of them male friends at all. He has no problem with me talking to them, texting them, hanging out alone with them, blah blah blah. He doesn't worry at all. Nor should he.

Many of these male friends started out as sexual partners, or love interests of some sort or another. One in particular probably would have been my lover had he not lived so far away, around the same the time I met my boyfriend. He and I exchange photos, nothing dirty, and often give each other advice.

My question is, even if it doesn't bother my boyfriend, should I be careful what I say to my male friends? Should I be cautious of the pictures I send, texts, ect, even though they aren't inappropriate? (One example is the male friend who lives far away and I will exchange love advice, I'll tell him about problems with B/F, send him pics when I go shopping to get his advice on an outfit, ect) What is the chance they will take it wrong?

mrskrisher

Asked by mrskrisher at 12:08 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I have a long distance guy friend like that and im married and i dont see anything thing wrong with it as long as u dont cross anylines u may later regret
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:10 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Since they were POTNTIAL love interests , I say, yes you should be careful. One of them might feel like youre leading them on even though you dont mean to.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:10 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• As long as you are so close with other men, I certainly wouldn't consider your relationship with your boyfriend as very serious. Personally, I think if you're going to make the commitment to be faithful to one guy, you need to draw some lines with other guys, including: keeping your communication with them to a reasonable minimum, NOT spending time alone with them, and unless your boyfriend is really treating you bad, you should NOT tell other guys about stuff in your relationship. That is betrayal. It's not about jelousy or anything, it's about honoring the guy you've made a commitment to. How old are you?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:12 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I was going to add, and some people may disagree with this, I don't believe a guy and a girl can be really close friends for very long without one or the other of them wanting something more. That's why I think clear boundaries should be drawn. Sorry, but friendships with guys are NOT the same as friendships with girls.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:13 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Whatever! This post is reee dick.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I'm sorry, Adelicious, I disagree about not being able to have friendships with men in the same way I have friendships with women. For one, I've never been one to discriminate sexually. I have had relationships with both men and women, and had friendships that were nothing more with both men and women.

Secondly, one of my dearest friends is a man, and we can talk about everything. He and I get along wonderfully, but there is NO sexual tension on either side. We've discussed it, openly, as we do everything.

Men and women are different, yes, but PEOPLE are different. Male or female has very little to do with it, in my opinion. I have male friends who are more sensitive, open, accepting, loving, than any woman I know. I have female friends that are hard, strong, insensitive, but still wonderful people.

Also, I'm 23.
    mrskrisher

Comment by mrskrisher (original poster) at 1:06 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• First off its good your boyfriend trusts you but it's really not good to have men friends when you are in a serious relationship it just and can complicate things and you should not under any circumstances be showing or asking advice from ex's on cloths etc. saying hello to them every once in awhile is ok but constant contact will eventually make a problem/
    What if the shoe was on the other foot and he was contacting and hangout with his ex girlfriends would that really be ok with you. Just be careful because you have already opened pandora box and if you dont' be careful its going to snar you.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 1:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2011