Between Publix and Kroger and the deals each store has weekly and without using coupons which one is cheaper to buy groceries at?

Ananomys

Asked by Ananomys at 12:09 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Shopping

• I dont know what Publix is. I love Kroger and it is the only grocery store I shop at!!!!!!!!!!!!
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:12 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Kroger for sure. I shop there or walmart - walmart can be cheaper on a few things, but is more of a hassle. Kroger has good sales. Publix here is REALLY expensive. And if you do have coupons, as a company policy, kroger doubles coupons up to 50 cents.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 12:13 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Kroger is one of the most expensive grocery stores here. The only thing cheaper than Walmart is WinCo Foods.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:22 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It depends on the kinds of things you buy....I find Publix to be the best overall, especially in quality.....Publix brand items save me a lot of money and the quality is just as good and sometimes even better than brand names....their produce is the freshest, and the meat is the healthiest.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:40 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I shop at both. I would say in general, Kroger is less expensive than Publix and has more selection. I do go to Publix a couple of times each month because they run buy-one-get-one-free deals every week, so when they have some of those that I'm interested in, I go stock up. But for routine shopping trips and the basics like bread, milk, eggs, produce, etc, we mainly do Kroger.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:20 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I do not know Publix but Kroger here is very inexpensive and has the best sales.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 10:45 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Kroger is the MOST expensive here..... well in my town, I think Randall's is equally expensive, but we don't have one, Wal-Mart is inexpensive, but too much of a hassle and I always wander into the clothing or home and end up buying things I don't need. HEB is my favorite.
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 11:43 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• No Publix here. I shop at Kroger. I love the e-coupons, and the fact that they double manufactures coupons. And the added discount because the SO works there is great too!
    Froggy31785

Answer by Froggy31785 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• i know Publix high
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:10 AM on Mar. 4, 2011