Would you rather spend your income tax return on landscaping or new flooring?

S.O and I are in a dispute over it. He wants to put in a small waterfall/pond outside and I want new tile in the kitchen. Any ideas, advice, or opinions are welcome.

Cosetterose

Asked by Cosetterose at 12:33 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Home & Garden

• New flooring!!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:34 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I think New flooring! You can enjoy it all year around and it is easier to clean!!
    tripletmom28

Answer by tripletmom28 at 12:35 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Landscaping
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:35 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Totally new flooring!!!!!
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 12:37 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• What will add more value in case you must sell it? We, too, need to work on our landscaping and to remove the carpet in our home to put in laminate or hardwood flooring. We consider our home an investment. When it comes to selling our home, we want to sell it for more than we bought it for. If the work is done right and improves the look and feel of the home, it can mean the difference between selling the home sooner than later. I am not saying that a nice landscaping isn't important. It isn't as important as the condition of the house. The buyers can always spend the money on the landscaping. Hope this helps.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:44 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Thanks :) I'm all for flooring, can't wait!
    Cosetterose

Comment by Cosetterose (original poster) at 1:10 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Flooring...especially if you have animals and kids. You will love it as it is much easier to clean and keep up. Landscaping you can do over time.
    Sniffles101

Answer by Sniffles101 at 1:13 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• New flooring.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I think the flooring will add more value. The pond is more novelty and upkeep.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:27 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• we live in army housing, so the floors are not an option, I would go all out in the garden, but we get 10,000 back, so really I would spend a bit on the garden, the rest on oher things
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:46 AM on Mar. 3, 2011