Mothers!

Well here it is I got so irritated with my mother today I didn't even call her back, I am the only girl and me and my mom are very close doing everything together but since I have married almost 2 years ago she is jealous and sometimes makes slide remarks. So today I was going to visist since I was out and had a few min so I called her she wasn't home so i told her I would call her later so she said "you don't have time for me anymore" I said mom i'm not free to just run like I use to and I said don't start. I said you stay home with your husband all day and I stay with mine and sometimes just her and I go to lunch and she likes that but she sometimes say you can't go anywhere without your husband and I said yes I can but when he is off we like spending time together.
What can I say to not hurt her feelings, she has to know my husband comes first, she even wants to come on vacations with us and gets mad if I don't tell her about it. I haven't told my Husband about this and don't think i will but she is making me mad she doesn't act this way with my brothers. She gets mad if I tell her my family went out to dinner or we are going to the casino she just gets bent out of shap. So after today she hasn't called me at all I dont know what her problem is but i'm married and I can't leave him to come to her and she tries to make me feel bad about it but actually it makes me mad.
Sometimes she call's when were watching a movie and I tell her I will call her back after she gets an attitude and says something smart to me and I just try to blow it off because she is my mother.... HELP any sugestions...

dusty1962

Asked by dusty1962 at 1:17 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Just keep doing what you are doing. Be consistent and firm, just the way you would with a child who kept wanting to have their own way. I would have a talk with her about it, yes again. And tell her that you love her, but can't take the way she's acting anymore. Tell her that everytime she starts complaining, you are simply going to say by for now, mom, and that you won't be calling her back for at least a couple of days. You're going to start giving yourself time away from her until her attitude changes. Don't argue with her, just be pleasant and if she says she has a right to her feelings and can say what she wants, say yes you can, but I have a right to have peace in my life, and just say by for now, mom. and hang up. The angrier she gets, you stay calm. When she finds our she isn't pushing your buttons anymore, and that she's spending less time with you, things may change. Hopefully.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:34 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I would have a heart to heart with her!
    tripletmom28

Answer by tripletmom28 at 1:19 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I agree have a heart to heart she's ur mom and you guys are close so hopefully she will understand!
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 1:34 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• We have talked about this before but she is still jealous and gets made when we do things and she isn't invited so i don't know what to do.
    dusty1962

Comment by dusty1962 (original poster) at 1:37 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• She sounds lonely and too much time on her hands. She needs a hobby. My Mom is the same or used to be, som any ups & downs when ya go through this situation.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• * so many (oops typo)
    sarasmommy777