How did this happen??

Second graders have sex in classroom! OMG Sooo wrong!

http://gawker.com/#!5739878/second+gradeg-»had-oral-sex-in-oakland-classroom

dragonqueen

Asked by dragonqueen at 1:30 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow that is crazy. At that age they should not know what that is. Something is definitely wrong there, but I won't just jump to conclusions to blame anyone either since we don't know the full story of what these kids lives are like at home, or what the teacher is really like or anything like that. I just hope they get some good counseling because that is just not right.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:47 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I agree with the first responder in that the real question is where on earth did 7 year olds learn about oral sex in order to perform it on each other. I would think that most 7 year olds are clueless to the idea of putting thier mouths on someone else's "pee pee" let alone willing to do it! As for the teacher, he should be fired if this actually happened in his classroom. there is no excuse for the obvious complete lack of supervision.
    lori57703

Answer by lori57703 at 1:57 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I'm not even gonna watch the video/pics whatever it is bcuz it sounds disturbing and I dont even wanna see it! This is so sad!
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 2:15 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Wow!!! Where did they see this take place or has the same thing happened to them?? So very sad!! I think Childrens Service Div. needs to pay the families a visit and find out wth is going on in these homes! They're 7 for Christs sake!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:39 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I heard about it in my ECE class. I couldn't believe my ears! I had to see it to believe it. its so screwed up!
    dragonqueen

Comment by dragonqueen (original poster) at 1:42 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It truly is! Innocence lost!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:45 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• This is absolutely horrid... I am a loss for words...
    crazymommy2007

Answer by crazymommy2007 at 2:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I get the visiting the homes to see if this is where the behavior was learned..... But you also have to ask what was the teacher doing while this was going on?
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 8:30 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• oh my heck and people keep saying on this very website that its ok for kids to touch their own body parts, and yet we can see what that leads too..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 9:14 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• This is an old story. the teacher was aware but failded to report for a week. the teacher has since been suspended and they are 'investigating' the whole thing. read some of the comments in the article. one person brought up the classroom & could they have been hiding? Having taught myself, there should not be any 'blind spots' in the classroom! there is a lot of speculation as to how many kids were involved. some news reports say 2 kids, some say more, and some say the whole class. My son is in second grade. if i found out anything like this happened, beleive me, i'd get my answers! And it wouldn't be my son causing it. I think sex ed is important, but it has to be the right info at the right age, and there is no reason for a 2nd grader to need that kind of info.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 9:33 AM on Mar. 3, 2011