Can you have an ear infection without a fever?

I have a sharp stabbing pain in my ear from the canal clear down into my throat as well as all the sound in my left ear is muffled sounding and it's incredibly itchy. Everyone I talk to says that it sounds like an ear infection... but I have no fever! Is it possible to have an infection without a fever?

prinzesstephi

Asked by prinzesstephi at 1:32 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Health

• Yes
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:37 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Yes
    RileysMom426

Answer by RileysMom426 at 1:54 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• yes, my son had ear infections the first year of his life without fevers most of the time. We had to have tubes put into his ears and the ear infections went away it was scary at first when i found out about the tubes but its amazing now not to have to deal with it. hes 4 now and hasnt had one since the tubes! :)
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 2:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• yup!! ds had them a lot and only had a fever with the first one. he's had them for up to 6 months straight, and docs never said tubes for him.....stupid docs!
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:56 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• yes. I just got back from the dr this am. i have a sinus infection and an ear infection. I haven't had a fever either
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2011