How do you give your 2week notice when you just got promoted?

I want to start off my saying that i have very good reasons to want to quit my job.About a month ago i got promoted as the Administrator in my office.But before i got promoted i had thought about quiting (another long story), Now i was promoted& told i would start within 2 weeks, now it has been a month, i have had a month of training& they still havent given me my schedule, i was told that they were just waiting for the corporate office, i also havent recieved the pay i was told i would get, they changed my schedule from 40hrs to 30hrs.Nothing is happening,i went ahead& asked what were they waiting on& they tell me that the pay raise is on freeze.Once they unfreeze i will get the job i was promised(oh & its been on freeze for about 6 months) .So i have decided that i wont take this anymore, i feel that my boss & staff are unprofessional but that doesnt mean i will be like that when i give my notice,any advice? Right now my pay is minimum wage& i am not making it, i know i can do a whole lot better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• Just don't quit until u have another job.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:46 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• If you're positive you can do better than I say quit wasting your time with a company that's holding you back. Explain to them what you told us and say it's time for you to make the move. Either they will cough up the job, hours, pay etc. or they'll accept your notice.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:51 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Find another job. When you get that job, explain to them that you're still employed but will give your current employer notice and you will be able to start after that. Most good, legitimate employers and companies will be satisfied to wait while you finish out the notice you gave your previous company. In fact, they'll be relieved to see you do it because it shows responsibility and dedication. They'll know that even if you leave them, you'll at least serve out your notice and won't leave them stranded.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 2:21 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I agree, find another job before putting in your notice. Good Luck!
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 3:20 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• First, if your offer was not in writing, then, well, it is worth the paper it is written on.
    If you quit your job without having another job, you will not be eligible for unemployment compensation.
    Third, get your job search moving!

Answer by rkoloms at 5:45 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Thanks guys, sometimes i just feel like walking out of that company but i cant afford to,I will keep searching & when i do i will give my notice.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2011