UPDATE!! Should I make a complaint about our social worker?

UPDATE!  Well I called her supervisor and left a voicemail. She called back and my Dh answered she told him that our social worker is a good worker and it is OUR fault that the worker did not get the letter! Even though we gave it to the front desk 2 times already. How can these people just get away with treating people like CRAP??!! It is not like we are trying to take advantage of the system my husband was making great money until he got laid off. Then she told him by june they are changing the rules and my school won't count for the welfare to work program. How do they expect people that are stuck with a loan for school just drop out and do welfare volunteer work! They still have to pay the loan and won't get to finish school!!  My Dh told her not worry we will be off welfare by then ! I have 4 more weeks of school and my husband has a job offer that starts in 2 months. We are getting far away from that place! I really feel like cussing them out but I am not going to go there! Thanks ladies for your answers!!

Okay last month when we went to see her she asked for a letter from the college I am attending for proof of my enrollment. I got and we put in they're drop box 3 days later. 2 weeks go by and she calls and says she never got it. So I get another one and 2 days later my husband waits 45 mins in line to drop it off at the front desk and they give him a receipt saying we gave it to them. She calls me again and says all she got was a blank page with just a signature on it(She mailed me a copy of that and it looks like they scanned only the bottom half of the letter). I told her that we dropped the letter off 2 times now! She also says there are pages missing in her folder that I signed in front of her and I must of took them. I know for a fact I did not and the folder of paper work I have from them does not have any of that paper work. Now she keeps insisting it is our fault and she will file me as non complance for not giving her the letter. I am going to my school for the 3rd time tomorrow to get another letter but should I complain about her to her boss? Or file for a hearing? I did everything they wanted me to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• some social workers are assholes. we applied for aid when my husband lost his job & we had a terrible woman for our worker. she was rude & condescending. i walked out of the office crying. some of them just forget that it's their job to help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• This u need to get the info and get it certified. The mail man will go inside the deparment where she is at and they will make her sign it, o whoever. Just as long someone signs it, u are in the clear, and now u will have ABSOLUTE physical proof they got it . What state do live at?? Here, if u are going to school u at least be approved for food assistence.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:14 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It is so unbelievable how they can treat people so bad!! When my mom got laid off and divorced they would not even give her any food stamps because she had a mini van. It was not even new and we lost our home they did not care. She told them what am I suppose to do? break up my van and feed it to my kids?!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:04 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My schooling is what is getting me a job. I am on externship and have an offer already for work afterwards. Isn't that better than doing volunteer work?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:06 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• California going to school you get cash and food but they are going to change it in june. My husband and I will be working by then thank God.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:18 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Yeah, you should send it certified mail. Or hand deliver it to her yourself. Document EVERYTHING.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 2:19 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• in AZ its not as hard it seems. I go in and give them the stuff they need and Im all good
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 2:23 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My husband gave her a copy today and she said it isn't good enough she wants the hours that I do now we have to go back to my school office and get another letter! She also told him that HE was the one that was rude! Yeah right I heard what he said to her and the way she talked to both of us made me wanna curse her out but I did not stoop down to HER level.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:24 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Are u also requesting to get on medicaid or food asisitance? Medicaid only considers a few thing unlike FA. Depending on the yr u your mom has and how much u might get using Kelly Bluebook and whatever assets u might have in savings, checking, 401K ec They do not consider what u r paying for bills for the month, how much rent/mortgage u pay unlike the FAm, which takes all these things in account and base how money u get for the FA every month
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:26 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Did she also asked u when that last time u went pee?? Damn and I thought michigan was bad!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:29 AM on Mar. 3, 2011