Leaving dh

i'm working on leaving dh. he is abusive, physically and verbally, and has cheated numerous times. i've had enough. he's army, so we live away from family. my dad says he'll come get me and the kids, but they live 10 hours from here...am i allowed to take them out of state without dh's permission? he's going to the field next month, thats when i plan to leave...he won't know we're gone until he gets back. can i do this without getting in legal trouble?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I think as long as no one has custody that you can take them to a different state. Good luck!
    Brandi2206

Answer by Brandi2206 at 1:57 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I don't know for sure. If I were you I would call your local police department and ask them. Just find out what you need to do to make sure you don't accidently get yourself into legal trouble. Good for you for being strong and leaving an abusive husband, I know it is not easy.
    lori57703

Answer by lori57703 at 2:10 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Before he leave try to get some kind of proof that he's abusive to you, then i think you should be good and good luck to you.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 2:13 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• i have tons of proof. i've recorded every bruise and cut...by picture and email. every time he hits me, i email my friend both what happened and when. i started doing this about a year ago. she prints them out and has a 3 ring binder with everything in it...and its damn near full...sad. i also document every time he's verbally abusive to me...and when he cusses at ds. which isn't often, but once is enough to me.
    i would go to a shelter now, but i think i'd be too weak to actually leave him. i need to leave the state if i'm gonna make it through this.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:27 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Anytime you want to take kids out of the state, you must get permission from dh.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:58 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I would talk to an attorney. I *think* if you leave b4 papers are filed, you can get away with it...but it doesn't make sense. Call a lawyer first. Don't do anything that would jeopardize your custody.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 7:26 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Go see an attorney. Usually the consultation is free. Each state is different.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:25 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• well goodluck mama i hope it all works out the way you plan
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2011