He makes all the money???

The thing is that we have triplet boys together, we live together! I do the house cleaning and make all the appointments drop kids off at school! We are just not married witch is fine, I don't care to get married at this  point in my life!

He makes all the money, if i work outside of the home I would be paying more for day care then what I would bring in! Do any of you have this problem and how do you handle it!?

I plan on going back to work when the boys are in school full time! I just wish I knew every pay time I would have some money and wouldn't have to ask!!

tripletmom28

Asked by tripletmom28 at 1:53 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I have no problems being a stay at home mother. If I need or want something, I simply tell my husband. He gives me the debit card, and lets me buy it. Anything over $20, we talk about before purchasing.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:57 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My DH is also brings in the money in. U might see if u can start selling Avon. Takes a few days to a month to make money, unless u are a good sales person. I tried to, I made good money at too! Especially using the interent. U have people getting on your website and they order. Most times unless the customer puts in something different, gets the delivary to their home, and u get the proceeds into a bank acct or whatever. U gt free samples to give to people so on. I did ok, but then thery wanted me too try walking in my neighborhood knocking on doors, and I can't do that. Go to Avon.com and se how many reps there are and go fron there.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• When I did work we worked opposite shifts. He would work nights and I worked days, but now I am in school but we still have the same schedule. If you want it happen you figure out ways to get it done!
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 2:05 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Husband makes most of the money, I have an on call job that is mostly weekends in the summer, which is usually just for going out and such... I like it like this and eventually I will have to get a job. IDK. Its a big debate.
    crazymommy2007

Answer by crazymommy2007 at 2:14 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I ama sahm but I work from home. You sholdn't have to as for money, dh should be giving it to you or you should share a bank account.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:54 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Sorry, I mean so
    SweetLoveofMine

• Marriage is supposed to be an equal partnership; money should be a common good.
    Your spouse sounds controlling and kind of mean, and is treating you like a slave, not his equal.
    The two of you need to sit down with a neutral third party, like a couple counselor or clergy person; if he won't go, you need to go alone.
    If all else fails, spend the weekend with a friend, so he can see how hard you work.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:48 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I am a SAHM and I am the one who handles all the finances. I have never had to ask my husband for money. Your having to ask for money puts him in a dominating/superior role; that's not what marriage is about. It's a partnership.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:14 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Have you thought about doing something from home that way you can be home for your boys and still bring in some money for yourself? I work with Internet CEO Moms and I would love to help you out :o)

I work from home and have for going on 2 years now. I absolutely LOVE it! I am home for my son but am still able to contribute to the household. Internet CEO Moms truly has been a blessing in my life and I wouldn't trade it for the world!

I will send you a message with the information :o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:24 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Since you are not married, you need to meet with a lawyer to get the legal protections that you deserve

Answer by rkoloms at 8:47 AM on Mar. 3, 2011