Im pregnant with twins n i already have a 2 year old, can someone tell me what to expect w three kids espacially

IHeArTZoEy

Asked by IHeArTZoEy at 2:48 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Expect the unexpected! It will be an adjustment, no doubt. When you have more than one chid that is young, they all want our attention at once. They wont understand the concept of"Wait a minute" . You'll have to get really good at multi-tasking!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:51 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I'm really scared but me n my fiancee are ready
    IHeArTZoEy

Comment by IHeArTZoEy (original poster) at 2:53 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Ya, u will be the one in the corner telling yourself, "u can do this, my kids are not possessed by some higher authority telling them to decorate the walls with baby cereal, my oldest child is not trying to get rid of the competition,...." Oh ya expect a few knock down drag out fights.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My guess would be....craziness! Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Try not to worry to much but I will say this It will be hard at first and you will think you have lost your ever loving mind...BUT it gets better. Expect every thing to take twice as long or longer to do then it did before, keep in theback of your mind when you have to go out that it will be an all day affair if you take the kids and plan for that. Get plenty of rest when you can and make sure to ask for help if you need it. I will honestly say it took about the first 8 months for here for me to be in a routine and feel like I had it together,,up until then I was just surviving. Our 3rd little guy was in the NICU for a long time so it threw us out of wack until he could come home and the other 2 were 12 months and 3 at the time. It was rough but you get thru it. Just breathe Breathe Breathe.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 7:47 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• first: many twins are preemies, do your best to keep your babies in as long as possible. eat, eat and eat some more! listen to your body, and do not over work yourself. be sure to stay hydrated! i will tell you that having one or two babies in the nicu, while having a toddler at home is hell. so do all you can to keep your babies in as long as possible!
    when people ask what they can do to help, tell them! if it is laundry, running errands, cooking, cleaning...tell them!
    frozen meals are wonderful gifts, if anyone asks! people get very excited about twins, so you should get some offers of help!
    i found with my twins that every 3 months things got much easier.
    get as much rest as you can now, because it may not be possible later! my boys were 3 and 4 1/2 when i had my twins, so a bit easier than a 2 yo...maybe! congratulations!!!!! in our home, we have moments of chaos...but then we also have our moments of peace and joy as well
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:03 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• i have a friend who had a little boy and two years later had twin girls...her pregnancy went pretty smoothly but make sure you listen to your body when it tells you to rest and make sure you are eating and staying hydrated because you are not just giving nutrients to one baby this time and both of them will take all they need from you so you wanna make sure you have plenty for yourself to stay strong and healthy...now afterwards expect lots of craziness..she is always busy with laundry..it never ends but from what i get from her its more fun than anything else she has ever done so enjoy having two little babies and dont ever hesitate to ask for help when you need it cuz you will...your SO is there for you and so are your friends and family...you are not in it alone so when you need time away even if its just to take a bath alone ask for help because you are going to need your strength and everyone needs a little me time
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 9:19 AM on Mar. 3, 2011