YOUR OPINION??????????????????????????

OK SO RIGHT NOW ME AND MY BF HAVE A DAUGHTER. I MOVED BACK HOME WITH MY MOM BECAUSE WE WASNT GETTING ALONE WHEN WE STAYED TOGETHER BECAUSE WE BOTH DIDNT HAVE A JOB AND WE WERE STRUGGLING FINANCIALLY SO WE WANTED TO GIVE EACH OTHER SOME SPACE. NOW THAT HE HAS A JOB AND I'M LOOKING FOR ONE SO THAT WE CAN SAVE MONEY TO BUY A HOUSE IN A COUPLE OF YEARS WE WERE THINKING OF GETTING AN APARTMENT WITHIN OUR PRICE RANGE. BUT ON THE OTHER HAND I WANTED TO GET MY OWN PLACE AND WAITED UNTIL I GOT MARRIED. BUT I KNOW US BOTH HAVING OUR OWN PLACE SOUNDS LIKE WERE THROWING AWAY MONEY.

WHAT WOULD BE THE SMARTEST MOVE???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• get the apartment, IMO.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:18 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• save money then get married then buy a home. times are tough economically so yes save money.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:29 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• In this case I would say go and get an apartment together and see if its gonna work the second time around you dont want to marry him and buy a house with him and then figure out that its not gonna work.... this is just my opinion and what id do but good luck!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:30 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Some cities have first time homebuyers program. Check with your City Hall Redevelopment dept. I did that.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:32 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• oh yeah don't buy with him if you guys aren't getting along.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:34 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I don't think that choice is throwing away money... If you want to find a place for yourself and daughter, then I would say do that. It actually might benefit you ,bc when you apply for your home loan, if needed, you will have reference that will show you are responsible and it may help you. Also, our home is a sacred place, you should decide whether you really want another person living with you... Dating is one thing, but living with the person is a whole diff. story... U sound like ur putting ur ducks in a row.. if u get a place with him, will that push u steps back...
    mrsfarris

Answer by mrsfarris at 2:26 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I think that you should decide if you really want to live with him first. I also wouldn't think of buying a house until that ring is on your finger!
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 9:37 AM on Nov. 21, 2008