Running shoes?

I'm gonna train to do a 5K and I was wondering what kind of running shoes are the best? Most comfortable? Or just your favs.

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 2:53 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• You should go to a running store. One that watches how you walk and run, and measures your feet every time. It may be more expensive, but it's worth it. I go to Fleet Feet, and I've been happy with my purchases there so far. I've had good luck with Brooks shoes. I just ran my first 5K last month! Good job on motivating yourself this way! It's an awesome experience, and it'll hook you into more races! :)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Anything that has good arch support!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:55 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• If you ask the clerk at a shoe store they should be able to tell you. GL! :)
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 4:39 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I second the running store. I have many pairs and different brands. The most comfortable, supportive and expensive are my Asics. Many people feel that the lightest and less restrictive, the better-at least this is the "latest" theory, and that overly supportive shoes change our natural gait and contribute to injuries. For this reason, there are now some who run in minimalist shoes or barefooted. Vibram and Nike Frees come to mind.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:46 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I would try a few different ones on, walk around the store and see what you like best.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 4:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• 3rd on the running store! There are TOO many choices and factors to be able just to pick. I never would've picked the ones I wear, but when I went to Fleet Feet I tried on several pairs and the Adidas fit perfectly. Good luck! 5k's are awesome!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 8:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Yep.. I 4th the running store. There is not "best" shoe out there. Everyone has a different running style and different needs for running shoes. You may over- pronate, under-pronate or be a neutral like I am. I run in Brooks Ghost 3s and I love them. They are very light. I will also recommend running socks. They will prevent blisters and keep the sweat from staying on your feet.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 10:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I have found these running shoes called New Balance thanks to my husband telling me. I will never buy another type of shoe again.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Fleet Feet, how much can I expect to pay? Even if its just an estimate. I like to know what to expect rather than being blindsided with an outrageous price.
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2011