What would you do?

I'm having weird pregnancy symptoms, and I hope I'm not pregnant. I'm testing in the morning, and I'm not asking if you think I'm pregnant. But here's the situation. DH has been laid off for 2 years now, and his unemployment just ran out. I go to school full time, and I will be starting a nursing program in August (assuming I'm accepted). I get the GI Bill, so I get paid to go to school. If I am pregnant, i don't know what I will do. I cannot handle having a baby in the middle of nursing school. There's just no way. I'm pro-choice, but I don't think I could have an abortion at this point (married, already a mom, I would never forgive myself). Giving up a baby for adoption would break my heart. I have an IUD, so we have been taking precautions, but nothing is 100% effective, and I'm anxious. What would you do in this situation?

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 2:58 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You will be fine babe!  You are smart and you will figure out a way to take care of this baby too if you are pregnant!  Give yourself some credit, look at how well your doing with the child you already have!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:05 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I would keep the baby of course and pray to God to help. Dh can get a job, right?
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Sometimes when we try to look at the BIGGER picture it is just too HUGE for us to figure out!
    Take a breath, take a step back...
    First things first, take that test - if it's negative - no more worries (just be more careful)
    If it's positive then Yay, your blessed with a baby and you have nine months (ideally) to figure out how to provide for that little part of you, remember how much easier they are to take care of when they are still growing inside of you? LOL

sissy15

Answer by sissy15 at 4:28 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Everything tends to work itself out.... Breathe. Its doubtful your pregnant the iud is pretty effective and if you are im sorry to say the chances of your baby surviving because of the iud are very very slim.
    mrsfrodo2009

Answer by mrsfrodo2009 at 4:46 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• i am in a similar situation myself...my husband hasnt had a job in over 3 years we are taking care of my grandfather with alzheimers fulltime i work a fulltime job that doesnt pay maternity leave im 36 weeks pregnant and my mom refuses to let my husband stay at her house even though me and the baby can after he is born...we are staying at a hotel because its easier to keep my grandfather controlled here but after baby comes we arent going to be able to pay the hotel so me and baby will go to my moms and my husband i dont know what hes going to do if she doesnt give in...but i keep telling myself that everything happens when it happens for a reason and we will get through it because we are never given more than we can handle we just think we are...you are very capable of being pregnant and going to school and it would still give your husband plenty of time to find a job so stay positive
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 9:14 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• He's been trying for 2 years, and there is NOTHING here right now. Just nothing. I have other friend's in the same boat, employment-wise, and they're all saying the same thing.
    musicpisces

Comment by musicpisces (original poster) at 3:03 AM on Mar. 3, 2011