How can i get my 3 yr old daughter to sleep all night?

My 3 yr old daughter will not sleep thru the night she never has..lately shes been getting up every half hour to 45 mins screaming.. i get so exhausted thru the day and im her only parent so i need my sleep. Is there a over the counter sleeping aid i could give her to help her sleep?

RyleesMama22708

Asked by RyleesMama22708 at 3:09 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I been through the same thing and only suggestioon is to get her up early in the morning and let her have a small 1=2 hour name at like 12-2 then keep her up till 8-9 then let her sleep if that dont work go to her doctor and ask
    xaviersmamacita

Answer by xaviersmamacita at 3:21 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• my dd is 2 1/2 and doesn't nap. if she takes a nap, even a short one, she will get up three or four times a night and try to climb in bed with me... try shortening up or eliminating the nap. i don't think there's any otc for kids that age. also make sure you wear her out during the day and develop a bedtime routine. i make sure my kiddo runs her ass off all day and takes a lonnng bath before jammies, snack, and books, then bed.
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 3:37 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Night terrors. Or a form of talking in her sleep. My daughter use to cry in her sleep. 

If she is just waking all hours of the night. Cut out the naps if possible. Or start waking her up earlier, or going to sleep later.

Answer by louise2 at 6:05 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Cut out any naps and try warm milk at bedtime.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:20 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• just a warning, if you cut out naps she might wake up insanly early....when my ds doesnt take a nap, he will fall asleep at 9ish and get up at 5am! try explaining to her that its time to go to bed, let her see that its dark outside and tell her when its light outside, she can get up. and maybe let her play with some toys for awhile before bed and let her fall asleep playing. ds does that a lot.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 8:42 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Night terrors...get use to it. I find talking to my son in a calm voice works well. Other times I'll put on lullaby music and he hums himself back to sleep. Doctors say this can go on until he's 6 yrs old too.
    BSWSC

Answer by BSWSC at 1:18 AM on Mar. 4, 2011