Do your kids remind you of yourself when you were little ?

mirrorany similar personality traits ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 3:55 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• They both look exactly like me with a tiny touch of dh lol. They act like me when they get excited too, they do this little dance that I swear I did not teach them. They were doing it as infants! They both crave affection like me too.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:58 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• She has my ears and eyes but the rest is all her daddy. :P
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 4:20 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• oh man, sadly my son is the little terror I used to be. he looks a lot like me too
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:06 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Definitely. Both my girls do things I used to do as a kid, and so do my boys! They even do that same little smirk I used to do, and my 8 year old has my eye-roll-huff combo down PAT. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:50 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My younger daughter acts very, very much like me. And my older daughter is like a miniature of my DH. It's odd that some of the common personality traits are not even anything taught but just seemed to be inherent in them from the start.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:12 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• He has my attitude but DH family says he is just like daddy when he was that age. I can believe that but he still has my attitude & my blue eyes. :) I call them his bluetiful eyes! He trys to use them to get what he wants but doesn't work! LOL!
    MomofSteel

Answer by MomofSteel at 1:12 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• hahaha,sorry to laugh but i hear it all the time how i did the same rotten things my son does......

when i was little:
    i ate fingernail polish,quarters,dimes,pennies,but no nickles.....i swallowed watch batteries and beads,ive eaten paper and chewed on styrafoam cups,i chewed on my hair.....
    my son has swallowed a 12 mm button battery from a book light,stuck an entire lollypop in his mouth (stick and all),stuck a bead up his nose,put straws up his nose,had pennies and the other coins in his mouth (not at the same time of course),eaten paper,eaten bits and pieces of his toys for no reason other than he was bored.....

we are so much alike its scary!! i tried to drive my moms car when i was his age and he has tried to do the same to me when he was 3 years old....he has locked me out of my own car,ive done that to my mom........he has thrown things in the toilet and flushed,ive done the same thing.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• my son looks like his dad and yes he even acts like his dad sometimes.....
    BUT-he is just like me!!
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• More that they look like me at times, but for the most part they act a lot differently than I did. I was always scared. Afraid I would do something wrong and get in trouble. I was aprehensive about everything. Neither of my boys displayed this, they were never afraid of anything-run rell-mell into every situation. Friendly where I was shy. So I think they must be like my DH was when he was little.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My only DD looks and reminds me a lot of me when i was younger. Freaks me out because that means when he gets a few years older she gonna blossem like flower. and there wont a thing i can do about it. Lets just say i feel bad for her because of her dad and i feel bad for her dad because she gonna give him heartattackas. LOL. My sons reminds me of DH.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 6:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2011