Would this bother you?

You hear your SO talking to a friend and he says you are average looking. Then goes on to say his ex wife is also average looking. Later you mention what you overheard and he says..." well did you think I married her because she was unattractive?" and he says "everyone in this house is average"
Men have always told me I was beautiful why would he not feel the same? So much is running in my head about this. Not sure why this is such a big deal to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Sounds like dh doesn't know how to treat his lady. He obviously doesn't know that was hurtful. Average? That's how he feels about his wife? Maybe you could call something of his average lol
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:25 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• First he is being down right mean, saying that kind of stuff. It make me think he just "settled" for you. Instead of a women he really wanted.
    Is he always saying things like that?

Answer by louise2 at 5:42 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• yeah that would bother me too. Us as women need to be told we are beauitul. I know i would feel like crap if my dh said that do me too.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:58 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• so it bothers you that your husband is more attracted to whats inside than out? man your dh sure sucks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It would bother me a little, for sure. It almost sounds like he thinks he settled for you and his ex. I'd have a talk with him about how he phrases things and let him know you felt hurt a little. He won't know unless you tell him.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:48 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Yes, that would bother me. Is your husband an engineer or accountant or some sort of person that is really analytical and literal or something?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:16 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• nah it wouldn't bug me that much, but then i have very low self esteem, i have come to accept yes im chubby and yes i am not that pretty, but i am comfortable in my ugly skin lol.
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 7:19 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My feelings would be hurt too.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• yes, it would sting some but it was overheard. thats different than him saying it to you. when people ask you about what your hubby looks like and hes not around, what do you say? Hot men dont normally marry Average women unless they are wealthy. if your not wealthy than your hot too! lol
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Ouch! My SO calls me cute, which drives me nuts and I say "children are cute, women are beautiful" lol, but average?? That would gravely affect and irritate me too!! Men are often unaware of the effects of those types of comments. I'd talk to him and explain how it made you feel- not some long over dramatic thing, but also say you'd like to be considered beautiful, ESP since you know you are :) good luck
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2011