Ever been to the Grand Canyon?

Is this a good trip for kids?

Peggs11

Asked by Peggs11 at 6:44 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Travel

• yes i have and it scared the crap out of me. they no fencing between you and the edge. its very scary. i didnt think it was going to be that way but it even tells you there are several "accidents" where people have fallen to their deaths. the walkway above the lookouts are pretty and you can see alot but i wasnt too happy that they didnt have any railing around the lookouts. i took my then 4yo and my 1.5 yo and me and my husband were really scared of one of them getting loose and falling. and its crowded so if you go on the lookout be very mindful of others around you. but there are other things to do there that you guys might like.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 7:26 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I've been to the South rim. It was spectacular. Loved it. As far as kids, it would depend on the age. Mine were 3, 8 &10. They had a blast. I stayed away form the non-fenced edges when I could. But that was my own fear. We also put the little one in the pack and hiked about a mile down into the canyon. My 10 yr old was leading the pack and had us up quicker than it took to get down. The kids are dying to go all the way down. Our next trip is actually to the North Rim, where the condors hang out more and there are far fewer people.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:33 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My parents took me and my siblings waaaayy back in 1976. It was the BEST family vacation we ever had! Everyone should go to the Grand Canyon at least once in their life!!! Enjoy!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:29 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Yes,And I didn't want to leave it is really incredibly beautiful.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Many years ago, and if you plan on visiting there, make a road trip through Yellowstone National Park.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:53 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• NO, but one day.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Yes, and kids love it. The Northern Rim is more isolated and has fewer visitors. It's a must see-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I went about 15 years ago...it was Soooooo beautiful. When we were there, a park ranger was taking care of some condors that were flying back and forth to him over the canyon. I'm not sure if that's a daily thing they do, or if it's only occasional, but it was neat to see. By the way, the sunset was lovely!
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 12:16 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• a few times. even saw evil knievel jump
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 12:53 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• yes its amazing..
    Dani3lla

Answer by Dani3lla at 10:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2011