URGENT!

How do I get my 2 month old to take her antibiotic! she keeps spitting it out! She needs this.... double ear infection!!! :(

cailynsmommy626

Asked by cailynsmommy626 at 7:28 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does she drink from a bottle?
    I would put it in a nipple and just hold the nipple for her to suck
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 7:30 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• The other thing I have seen done, is to stick the dropper as far back in her mouth as you can, off to the side and squirt it there
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 7:31 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• they make medicine pacifier's they are great. It was the only way I could get my son to take his ear infection medcine when he was a baby.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 7:40 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Put it in a dropper, side of the mouth, little tiny squirts at a time, eventually she'll beging to suckle it out.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 7:42 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• this sounds mean but hold her cheeks alittle by pushing them in and put alittle at a time in her mouth and when she gose to spit it out blow of her face that seems to work with my boys
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 7:46 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• put it as far back in her mouth as you can. you can rub her throat to kinda make her swallow. when my daughter was 2 months, she had to take this really nasty medicine to try to rid an infection, thats what I had to do.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 8:15 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• did the dr. do a culture to be sure there is a bacterial infection? if it is viral, then the antibiotic will not help the ears. i know it is hard when our little ones are not feeling well. do some research on preventing fluid build up in infants so you can try to avoid more infections in the future. also, if you do give the antibiotics, talk to the dr. about giving probiotics next.
    good luck to you mama!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:46 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• have u tried putting it in with her milk and let her drink it
    Ashley2810

Answer by Ashley2810 at 8:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2011