What is the average age little boys become interested in potty-training?

My son is 27 months old and is starting to go pee-pee in the "big" potty. However, he shows no interest in going poop in ANY potty. This is my first boy and I think it's a little too soon to be trying to potty train him, but I thought I'd see what age other moms have started with their little boys. Thanks!

Raegy

Asked by Raegy at 12:35 AM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• All 3 of my boys have tended to want to train later rather than sooner! My DD was 2 1/2 and completely potty trained. My boys have all acted ready at 2 ish but then stopped and were finally 3 1/2 ish when they totally potty trained.
    bagjmama

Answer by bagjmama at 5:54 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Most boys are receptive to it about at age 3. Some later and many beofre. If your boy is complaining of he is wet and asking you to change him, then it's time to consider potty training.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:47 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• my son was 3 when he started to potty train, my niece was 2
    tatalalicious

Answer by tatalalicious at 1:12 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I started at 18 months and it worked well for me. He still has issues with the poopy thing sometimes but for a 22 month old he is doing great :)
    neverwrong8682

Answer by neverwrong8682 at 10:54 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• My boys showed interest around 2 or 2 1/2.... they were not potty trained completely until they were around 3. A lot of kids have issues with pooping in the potty, though. I wouldn't worry much just yet!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 1:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2008