How to get that "dewey complexion" look?

All foundations leave my skin looking completely flat so I avoid them; my skin is pretty good, especially for my age, so I don't really need it to begin with. Moisturizing leaves my skin feeling and looking fine but still does not give me that dewey look.

What's the secret???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I don't have any technique, but there are certain foundations that do it for me. I have a cream mineral foundation, and even with a light dusting of translucent powder or minerals, it leaves my skin looking dewy. Oh, the brand is MyChelle. Also what helps is to make sure the skin is both smooth and moisturized, so exfoliating is important as well as a good moisturizer. Another tip is to mix a dab of foundation with your moisturizer and blend over moisturized skin. A cream blush instead of powder will also help with the dewy look. I hope this helps some. =)
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 8:15 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Thanks for the pointers but I've tried what you've suggested. I have seen the MyChelle brand but have been reluctant to try it because I've tried tons of foundationsl and have not been happy with any of them; didn't want to waste any more money only to be disappointed again.

My skin is really smooth, I do moisturize and exfoliate regularly. I've tried mixing moisturizer w/foundation but wasn't happy with the results.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:21 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I have a combination of things I do for a dewey complexion. First I make sure I wash my face every night with Noxema. Then I put a face cream on before bed with Hydroxy. In the morning when I get back from taking dd to school I get back & by then the puffyness of the morning is gone. I then use a concealer stick on my under eyes and what not. After that I put on Adavanced radiance by Cover girl. If you use any other kind of make up you would use it then. And I finish up with a light powder like Sally Hanson corn silk powder.

Answer by gemgem at 8:23 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• a good moisturizer and toner to start with after cleaning your face.. Then a water based LIQUID foundation and concealer, then a light clear powder to seal.. also try a light pat of baby oil (a drop or two in your hands, no more, after make up is set, LIGHTLY pat on with your hand.)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:38 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I won't use baby oil; it is a petrochemical, but I suppose I could use coconut or grapeseed oil to do the same.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:44 AM on Mar. 3, 2011