What is a pretty quilt for beginners?

lovingmy4babies

Asked by lovingmy4babies at 8:48 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• yes patch quilt is very easy. just cut some squares all the same size and sew them all together. it is even cute to leave the seem edge out and cut them like fringes make and inside out look. my son has one and it is really cute.
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 11:48 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Patch quilts are nice and easy, tie quilts are even easier but not too sure they even count as quilts. I just get the pre cut squares and stitch them together then when I get the size I want add the inside and backing and send it off to be finished. You know add the pretty design on it in the stitches that hold the three together.
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 8:50 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• For your first quilt, it's probably easiest to try going to your local quilt shop or fabric store and getting a kit designed for beginners. You will be able to see a picture of what the finished quilt will look like; all your fabrics, batting (filler), and instructions will be included. Talk to the people who work there, they usually are very knowledgeable and helpful. GL :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Thanks quilting is my next frontier!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 8:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I like to learn this too. I want to make a quilt for my first grand baby when it is born. I also want to learn how to do the family blanket where you use picture of your family.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2011