My 2 year old is driving me insane. The plan was I'd go back to work when she started preschool. I want to send her now. She is bored and driving me insane. Is that wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It is not wrong. Some women are just not meant to stay home. Can you find a part time job until she can start preschool. Maybe join some mommy groups.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Nothing wrong with how you feel. I feel the same way. Can't wait to go to work.
    extremelibrary

Answer by extremelibrary at 9:07 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• thats not wrong at all my son is seven and drives me crazy some days like this morning it was mom mom mom mom mom..omg really jake? lol. he knows better then to start before my first cup of coffee...lol.
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 9:09 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I think everybody has those days- you probably just need a break! Get some time for yourself when your SO is home- a bubble bath can work wonders for your temperament!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:10 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• yes i think it is wrong gather yourself together realize that you brought her into this world and pawning her off on a daycare to deal with will still not cure the tantrums in the evening. she is your child so you should really find a way to get along ... along with getting along you should enjoy her maybe be more active and focus on activities she would enjoy you might be happier seeing her happy... go to a library a musuem let her run touch n explore... she will grow very fast and you'll be looking back and realizing you spend those moments with co workers instead of your loved one.... think about your action and changed them positively
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 9:20 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• No, it's natural to want an escape when the kids are driving you crazy.
    Help her find something to do. Do crafts, watch videos, play outside, go to museums, go to the park, make up games to play...
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:36 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It's natural to feel that way, and probably means you need a break of some sort. I considered daycare or preschool for my son (he's two), but we really can't afford any in this area with one income and the days aren't very long so I'm not sure if I could find a job that would work with that schedule. There are a few mom's day out programs that run a couple days a week too, but I'm not sure if I want him to attend those for personal reasons and there are usually waiting lists anyway.

What I decided to do instead was join a local MOMS Club, and we joined our local rec center--for approximately the cost of a month of daycare I can go work out and let him play in their sitting service area for up to 2 hours a day with this annual membership. Just getting out to story times, the park, etc. can help break up the day too. We've been getting a little stir crazy with the winter weather, but hopefully it will be better in the spring.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It's normal. You need to find an activity you can do on your own though. I sew, quilt, crochet, and embroider while my son sits nearby building block homes for his little airplanes. I call it mommy quiet time and he plays quietly for an hour...then we go for a walk.
    BSWSC

Answer by BSWSC at 12:34 AM on Mar. 4, 2011