Why Ask a Question......

I am just wondering why people ask questions on here if they are already set in their mind what the answer should be or they already have it in their head how they feel about something. Why ask for the opinions of others if you have no intention in taking other people's point of view into consideration, and then get mad about how they answer. Or why get mad at others when you answer a question at the opinion of others...its just an opinion. I feel that that seeing two sides or three sides or 60 sides to a solution is better than just one because then it gives you ideas you may have never thought of or insight into something from a whole new angle. Just wondering what others think about this....I get so frustrated sometimes with the close mindedness from those who are supposed to be pushing for people to be openminded.

kimd143

Asked by kimd143 at 12:56 AM on Nov. 21, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Yes - I see that sometimes and I think some people are just looking for validation and they don't expect anyone to take the other side so, they are pretty irked when they hear your opinion. They should really just welcome another perspective instead of treating it as a direct personal attack.
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 1:18 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• because they are just waiting for someone to agree with them so that they can have their "I'm right, you're wrong" fix for the time being. and almost always, they choose the only answer that agrees with them as the best answer and close it before any more people can say they are wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• i ask this all the time & guess what the poster gets pissed off...
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:02 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• lol, I just think it is so entertaining to see people get their panties in a wad over nothing. Its just words. I only comment back on things if I am trying to better understand what they are saying or where they are getting their information from. People just think that because they give their point of view that everyone else should have an epiphany and go OH Ok that is how it is....but that isn't the case. You will never change someones mind on some issues so why try. I just feel that if you weren't open to getting other points of view that you shouldn't post ya know?

kimd143

Answer by kimd143 at 1:12 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Is this another rhetorical question? LOL
    CubanJelly

Answer by CubanJelly at 7:42 AM on Nov. 21, 2008