What is the difference between egg whites?

What is the difference between the egg whites when you crack and egg vs when you buy the container of just egg whites? There is definitely a taste difference but I wondered nutrition wise what the difference is.

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 9:05 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• There shouldn't be any nutritional differences; the whites in the container are pasteurized and preserved, sometimes (with some brands) with some spices added.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:10 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Agree with 1st post... I've been on a diet since he new year and my husband and I have been going thru egg whites like crazy! Come April I switch to 1st shift so I wont have the option to scramble my egg whites as usual, I will probably be buying the carton ones.

I know that the egg whites are an excellent source of protein and a great way to start your morning....
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I find the container ones are pretty expensive & I'm not sure how good the container is. Breaking an egg and separating an egg white from the yolk is a good option and nutritional too.
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 9:12 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• it depends on what your going to do with it
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 12:36 AM on Mar. 5, 2011