Being confused and ready to pop

have you had a dilema to be induced or not? What whould you do,if you were going into your 41st week of pregnancy,having all the signs of early labour,but not having regular contractions every 5 min apart?
I am so confused right now.I am dilating,almost 100% effaced,her head is really down there,lost my mucus plug 3 weeks ago and just lost the rest of it this morning,nauseated and pooping like crazy,having a lot of back pain and contractions,that are pretty bad,but i doubt it that they are labour contractions.
Have you been through this,where you did not know what to do?
At 39 weeks she was 8.9 pounds,so it's been a week and i don't know if it's getting dangerous for her to stay inside of me for that long,or should i get induced?
I was induced first time,because of high blood pressure,that went up just few days before labour,so i am familiar with pitocin. It went well and quick.

How do you think: is it possible not to get real contractions andnot to go into labour on your own? Maybe i just need that push to start labour? I don't know what should i do? I can't even sleep,because i keep thinking to be induced or not?

crouse3

Asked by crouse3 at 9:07 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like your body is doing what it needs to do. I personally wouldn't get induced unless there was a real need for it. A normal pregnancy can last 42 weeks (I know of some that have even gone longer).
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Sounds to me like you almost there with the pooping, back pains, and contractions. I felt like that the day I went into labor. For all you know today may be the day. GL
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 9:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I would wait. If there is no serious medical concern, it's best to let baby come on their own timetable. It sounds like you'll deliver very soon anyway. Induction CAN (read: doesn't mean it will happen to everyone) lead to other interventions, and sometimes c section.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• No, your body *IS* preparing and doing what it needs to.
    It's more dangerous to induce.
    Normal gestation is 38-42 weeks. Many women deliver outside of the average, but you are still in the middle.

Have faith in this process, it's normal and well-established.
    You sound like you're letting yourself fall in with the medical side-- if you're healthy and having a normal pregnancy then do not doubt what is normal.
    You are doing well. Perfectly normal!

No need to intervene and add unnecessary risks to baby-yourself.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    ;-)

I encourage you to avoid the harmful-invasive-unnecessary cervix checks and get better supported.
    Do you have a good support team, doula?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2011