I think I am depressed.

I think I am suffering from depression. I feel so sad and I don't know why. I just don't want to go on anti-depressants. I don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Health

• You might be. Talk to your dr. Get out in the sunlight. Hopefully, we have more soon.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:15 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• talk to a therapist or your doctor for suggestions..i am not a professional but try writing it out on paper, get what it is out of you, or talk to someone you can trust. *hugs* hang in there!
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 9:15 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Why wouldn't you want to take something to HELP you? For a while I was in denial about how serious this can get if left untreated... I recommend you look past the stigma on medication, and seek help for this before it gets serious. I am in a much better place with help of antidepressants. And usually its only temporary you'd be put on them.
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 9:15 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• When is the last time you've done something for you?? Try going for a walk, or going to the gym, or getting together with girlfriends.... sometimes we get into such a slump because of our routines, and its hard to get out of that. Just make some time for you, go find a good book, or something like that. If you still find no relief after that, talk to your dr. Sometimes you just need some extra vitamins in your diet. Good luck!!
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 9:22 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I am not a professional... but been there... done that! Answer this question... "I feel sad because..." You have to have some sort of idea what seems to be missing. Do you have a network of friends you can talk to? It could be your environment... or it could be medical. It wouldn't hurt to talk to a doctor- you don't have to take the meds but atleast you can get a medical opinion.
    FYI... if you need to chat... feel free to message me :) Best wishes!
    SCMomKatie

Answer by SCMomKatie at 1:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2011