Can anyone help me find a job?

I am seeking employment here in Dallas,Texas and I am having the hardest time getting a new job. Are there any places that I should try that you know? I could really use some new leads.

lele10000

Asked by lele10000 at 9:15 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• Have u tried McDonalds? They have insurance benefits for their employees. I am a crew trainer at one in Illinois.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:17 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• try and google work force places in that area...if you aren't familiar with work force places, you go and give them all your info and they place you according to your experience. Good luck to you!
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 9:17 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I do career and job search coaching (I never charge Cafemoms for my services); I will be happy to try to help you with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy, interview skills, etc.

There are great tips and resources posted here:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837

Answer by rkoloms at 9:28 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• First, make sure your resume is as polished as it can be before you apply to jobs and make sure to tailor your cover letter to each job you are apply to.

I would recommend you try a variety of things: look at the newspaper classifieds, look at the online job boards, let everyone you know you are looking for a job, set up a Linkedin profile and then join a group for Dallas, go to job fairs, talk to employment agencies.

Good luck.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:33 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• What kind of job are you looking for? I think you need to specify what job u are looking for someone to be able to help you.
    sanab

Answer by sanab at 4:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• No, sorry!! I can't find a job for myself. I am working part time at a $7.25/hr job. Doesn't even touch the bills!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Let me tell you what works for me. I provide groups with fundraisers where they make 50% of what they sell. I provide them with colorful brochures. They do all the work. I punch in the order & the product goes striaght to the group. No delivery for me. It is that easy. My groups come back year after year. The company used to be known as Home Interiors. After 50 years in business, they mergered with Home & Garden Party to form Celebrating Home. There are always contests where you can win all kinds of prizes, trips and even cars. Right now we are in the middle of a promotion where I can win a trip to New York. In March, you can get a fundraising kit that will get you started for $99.00 or if you want to do both the fundraising & the parties, you can get a kit with product valued over $350.00 for $99.00. Feel free to ask me any questions you have or go to my site www.homeinteriors.com/ttgiffin I'll be glad to help.
    ttgiffin

Answer by ttgiffin at 4:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2011