Do you miss...

The smell of your favorite alcohol beverage??? Im pregnant and I can smell a fresh beer from a mile away! I was not like this with my last 2 pregnancies why the hell and I craving beer sooooo much for this one? Even ciggs.... If I smell smoke it reminds me of beer b/c I like to smoke when I drink... IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! I even dream about having a ice cold brewsky and the taste of a lightly menthol cigg...(day dreaming right now)... or is it just me lol

MelissaAnn224

Asked by MelissaAnn224 at 9:22 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Seriously...if a few sips of beer with make you calm...DRINK IT!
    I am not a "do whatever while you are pregnant" person, but there was even a recent study showing that a glass of wine 2-3 times a week while pregnant has benefits and could hardly be considered excessive. Beer has even less alcohol than wine, so don't even stress about it! Ciggies are another story...but that craving is coming from a different place...

I have given in to fast food several times already...and that is probably WAY worse than half a beer ...yikes!
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 4:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• lol I cant say I have craived anything like that before....but I was watching a show one time and there were preg women who were craving strange things such as soap and dirt....lol sounds strange, but they went to their dr and found out that they were lacking a vitamin in their bodies, causing such strange cravings....just talk to your dr about it the next time you go in.... in the mean time, chew some gum!! I have heard that helps stop cravings!! Good luck!!
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• sounds like the baby will be a boy!... i followed people when they were smoking just to get the smell of it they always turned around and looked at me like crazy chick back off...
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 9:24 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I totally was attrated to the smell of regular dial sap with my last pregnancy but never felt the need to eat it. I did replace all the soap containers in my house with it and washed my hands more then needed... WOW I really sound weird lol I will talk to my doc I never thought of the vitamin thing. Mitierose i completely know what you mean about following ppl who are smoking. lol My friends think im nuts but i'll see someone throw a cigg out the window and I'll be like, OH YES PLEASE LET ME SMELL IT! this cant be good
    MelissaAnn224

Comment by MelissaAnn224 (original poster) at 9:34 AM on Mar. 3, 2011