OPK and TTC adult content

The husband and i are ready to try for our last baby!! we have 3 girls and a boy- 3 are from a previous marriage of mine- so we have one girl together- we really want to try for a boy!(I know it's 50.50 either way) i am waiting on my opk's to arrive in the mail, i have never used them so i need a little help!!! when you get a positive , this means you will ovulate in 24-48 hrs? so should i wait like 12-24 hrs before having sex? i want to try to get as close to o as poss without missing it! and i am afraid i will do it to soon! any help would be appreciated!! thx!!

mywilber

Asked by mywilber at 9:27 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Im sure there will be instructions in the package, BUT....lol if you want to try for a boy, I think you are supposed to do the deed right when you find out you are ovulating....or something like that...lol google it and it will tell you different ways of planning for a boy. GOOD LUCK!
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• If you want to increase your chances of having a boy then inaccurate OPKs are NOT the way to go.

Charting so you know how many fertile days you have so that you can have sex as close to ovulation as possible is best.

I've charted and used the Shuttle's Method. We got our baby boy just like we hoped for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Mar. 3, 2011