Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Help!!! Singing over parental rights. anyone know the legal...

actions I have to take, to have the father sign over his rights as a parent. And get him as far as possible from this child?

He is willing to sign papers...Just doesnt want to give me a penny, which I am FINE with...I just need to know if it can be as simple as him signing a contract I draw up, and have noterized?

please please let me know any info u have!!!

Answer Question

Asked by xandersmama22 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • I had the parental rights terminated for my son's father and I regret it. Once they are terminated they can NEVER be re-instated. If my son's father dies, my son will never get any money. My son's father never wanted anything to do with us anyway, so I regret cutting that tie. I used an attorney.

    Answer by AnnikaJan at 8:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

  • yes i agree and have thought long and hard, i have an amazing man who is stepping in as the father...

    the REAL father abused me and threatend to take this babies life and mine...


    Answer by xandersmama22 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

  • I know in the state of Texas they have a "No Bastard" law, which if a man wants to give up his rights or the mother wants him too, you can't do it unless you have another person willing to step in and be the father. We went through this a few years ago, when we found out my husband had fathered a child 5 years before and the woman told my husband it wasn't his. After applying for public assistance she named my husband, then after the DNA test she told us her husband wanted him to sign over his rights since my husband had never even knew about the child (well didn't know it was his). After my husband thought about it for a long time, he decided since her husband was raising the child maybe it would be the best thing. Turned out the mother and her husband divorced and the state wouldn't let my husband then give up his rights. My husband do support the child though. As a matter of fact he pays $1300/month plus the insurance.

    Answer by Gena73 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

  • get a lawyer and be sure those papers are filed. my sister had to do this. i'm sorry you are in that situation but if he's willing to sign those papers, its best all around for him to do it. why would anyone think having a father who wants to give you away is good thing/

    Answer by princezzmommie at 12:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.