Help me, I'm losing MY MIND!!!

okay, it's me w/ the 3 wk old baby again...she eats on average 33-35 oz a day...she wants to eat EVERY HOUR...sometimes it will be up to 3 oz at a time, or it might just be a quarter of an ounce....anyways, it's killing me i never sleep more than 30 min at a time, unless my husband isn't working. could it be that the formula isn't fulfilling her? i would try putting cereal in her milk, but she's only 3wks old...will it hurt her?

Ellsmommy27

Asked by Ellsmommy27 at 1:58 AM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried giving her a pacifier? Maybe she just needs to suck?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I don't think putting cereal in her milk is a good idea at 3 weeks old. Call her pediatrician.
    LovinIt247365

Answer by LovinIt247365 at 2:11 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• no cereal at 3 weeks. it's bad for her tummy. 6months is the minimum. sleep deprivation is part of motherhood. you'll get by. 3 weeks is an expected time for a growth spurt. this is normal.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:29 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• No cereal. She's normal. No, you dont' get to sleep! **grin** That'll come, um...let's see...oh yeah.

When you move to your burial plot. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 2:35 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• have you tried burritoing her?? and a pacifier is what works best for me. my son sleeps with me and stirs in his sleep so i burrito him up nice and snug let him finish a nice warm bottle and stick a pacifier in and he'll sleep good for at least a few hours.
    humboldtmama21

Answer by humboldtmama21 at 2:43 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• no cereal no good this young

humboldtmama21

Answer by humboldtmama21 at 2:44 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Everything the moms above said is excellent. Some babies just like to suck, so try the paci and swaddling her up tightly.
    lindseywhitaker

Answer by lindseywhitaker at 8:47 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I can't really comment about formula, but I cn tell you the tummy of a 3wk old is TINY!! They can only eat a couple oz at a time, then will need more soon. When my DS was 3 wks, he was nursing for 45 minutes, would take a 45 minute break, then nurse 45 minutes. ALL DAY. Unfortunately, this is life with a newborn. It will get better, the baby (and you) will start sleeping. Hang in there mama!!
    Fourbymom

Answer by Fourbymom at 8:58 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Thanks for all your answers, i called the pediatrician and just as i thought and just as you guys said she is way too young for cereal. That was my husband's suggestion! I kept a log yesterday of her feedings and i'm doing it again today....i THINK i may be onto something w/ getting her on her own little schedule....we'll see! all i can do is learn as i go!
    Ellsmommy27

Answer by Ellsmommy27 at 11:25 AM on Nov. 21, 2008