The smoking gun on the Koch brothers

Open secrets maintains a list of the top all time political donors. Check out the top twenty.

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

Did you see it? Oh wait, it's just a bunch of unions donating to the progressive, whoops, I meant democrat party.

Keep looking down.....BAM!! there it is at number 83.

I guess the smoke isn't rolling quite as much as progressives want us to think.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 10:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Yup, and a bunch of right wing, environmental hating corporations donate to Republican candidates. Given the news lately, who do you think they'd donate to? The people trying to dismantle them? I'm thinking that would be a big negatory

adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:05 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• You leave your basis of fact at the door of drama, don't you, lindalu?
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• – collapse
    Nope, but when you are unable to answer in any coherent way, you attack fishgirl
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:26 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Yup, and a bunch of right wing, environmental hating corporation

"Environmental hating" is nothing more than rhetoric, with no basis in fact. Can you PROVE they are environmental hating? That is nothing more than a statement based on emotional BS. As for the donations, there is no doubt that corporations donates to the republicans. They understand that the democrat party will be the death of business in America. However they are still not in the top twenty. The Union death blow covers nearly the entire top.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Given the news lately, who do you think they'd donate to? The people trying to dismantle them? I'm thinking that would be a big negatory

Too bad its top donors from 1989-2010 What does that have to do with the news lately?
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• "Environmental hating" is nothing more than rhetoric, with no basis in fact. Can you PROVE they are environmental hating? That is nothing more than a statement based on emotional BS. As for the donations, there is no doubt that corporations donates to the republicans. They understand that the democrat party will be the death of business in America. However they are still not in the top twenty. The Union death blow covers nearly the entire top.

So true. The unions own the Dem party completely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• No, Fishy, my answer is based on evidence of pollution and hiding of pollution. I can produce tons of evidence of large, conservative donating corporations who pollute illegally, get caught, pay the fine and pollute some more. That proves hatred and disregard for our environment.

And no, they don't understand that republicans are good for business. They understand that republicans are good for votes that effect their short term profits. It's not about profits overall, it's about how much money they have at any given moment
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:59 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Oh, and just for future reference, I don't answer cowardly posters. If you want to debate me, show yourself
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Lindalu/kerp/charlie sheen take some meds and come back when you are stable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Nope, but when you are unable to answer in any coherent way, you attack fishgirl
    --
    so basically what you are saying here is that
    1.you are unable to answer in any coherent way
    2. you are refering to Carpy as Fishgirl
    3. Because you cannot respond in any coherent way, you attack Carpy by calling her fishgirl.
    did I understand your statement correctly?
    Cuz that's what you wrote.
    AND you are responding to being called Lindalu?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:02 AM on Mar. 3, 2011