My 7 month old doesn't want me to hold her anymore when she drinks her bottle. She wants to sit in her swing and fall asleep drinking it :(

I know they are not suppose to do this.. she just started since she got REALLY sick and has to sit stright up to eat or she couldn't breath and would choke... she is still really sick and has to sit up to drink up, but she throws herself back and yells till I put her in there and then she is happy and content and drinks it and falls alseep.... she has had to sleep in her swing for almost 2 weeks know (1st week we had a power outage and no heat so we had to sleep in living room, 2nd week really sick from power outage).... it's going to be a nightmare to get her back in bed and not drink a bottle to sleep....
not really a question just a - sitting here thinking what I am going to have to do when she is better kinda thing!

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 10:04 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is safe letting her stay in the swing with the bottle. What is the problem? I don't see one.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:06 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• aww, well sometimes when they are sick, you just want to keep them as comfy as possible....but after she is all better, then maybe walk with her, swinging her gently in your arms.... Im sure its just a phase, and she will be out of her swing soon and back into mommy's arns.... :)
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 10:07 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I just don't like the idea of her needing a bottle to fall asleep..
    randilinn

Comment by randilinn (original poster) at 10:15 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• With every phase the longer they are in it the harder it is to break it. The struggle for you will be consistency and frequency. Every time I have broke my children of habits it has taken strength and patients on my part.
    When I wanted to move my children from sleeping with mom to sleeping in his bed, I would put them to sleep with me and then move him to his bed once he fell asleep. After several weeks of this, he would sleep longer and longer in his own bed. I have also done the more drastic approach of sending baby to my moms house for a few days. Man does this work. My youngest would be up for hours during the night and cried a lot. Mom took him for a week when we went on vacation and when we got back he was a completely better sleeper. My mom had none of the issues that we had been having with him sleeping.
    Good Luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2011