What do you think?

Do you think that an epidural is nessacary or that more women should try to go without it?

Asked by jaydensmommy427 at 10:07 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Whatever makes the mom comfortable, it should always be her choice.

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It depends on how you feel in childbirth. I had two sons drug frre. After my second son was born at 9lbs 51/2ozs and 10 hours of painful labor when my third son showed the signs of weighing the same as his older brother I had a pain medication. It was not an epidural because I cannot stand the idea of a needle in my spine. The nurse gave me a pill I went to sleep and they woke me up three hours later it was time for delivery. I was induced at midnight and Marc Anthony was born at 3:05 a.m.

Answer by arca3016 at 10:17 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I think in certain situations it could be deemed "necessary", in many it's not. But it's still not my right to say whether a laboring woman "should" go without just because it's not "necessary".

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I think women are stronger and more capable than they give themselves credit for. For some it may be necessary but I think most could do it without if they believed in themselves and had the right support system.

Answer by MrsMWF at 12:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I think its a personal preference. We all have different situations, births, tolerance levels, etc.

Answer by momoflilangel at 2:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2011