Y almost 6 year old is sick and I am pregnant

I heard somewhere that said it is dangerous to get sick (throwing up sick) when you are pregnant does anyone know if that is true? I cought something from my kids back in december before I have seen a doctor and at the time I was only a few weeks pregnant. I didn't mention it to my OB. Well today my daughter has a fever of 100.4 and is throwing up. Is that true about being pregnant and catching it? How do I avoid getting it when I am the one that has to care for her? DH is at work all day. I have already been in her room 4 times this monring which once I had to change her bedding. Also if you catch that is it safe not to eat anything when you are pregnant if you don't feel good? When I was sick in ddecember and a few weeks pregnant I couldn't hold nothing down to eat it so all I ate was 2 poptarts that day, but someone told me that that was not healthy when you are pregnant and you should try to eat more because the baby needs the food even though you don't feel well. I am 17 weeks by the way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Please call your OB's office if you are worried. You can't not take care of your sick child so wash your hands often, and all make sure you are eating, drinking well and getting enough sleep!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• You're a mother, bottom line. You can't quit being a mom just because you're pregnant. Women have been pregnant & tended their sick young since the beginning of time. And, isn't destine to stop before time ends. Your DD needs you. Just make sure to wash your hands, use sanitizer if you choose. But, you can't just avoid her. She's too young to take care of hersefl. Really, the only illnesses you should truly worry about are the terrible ones...munps, measles, etc. Every day bugs & viruses, you can't avoid them. Just take extra precautions. That's all.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:15 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I know that I never really got sick when I was preg, by my SIL did....a couple different times too. I always thought you were fine unless you had diahrreah, in which case you need to make sure you're drinking plenty of liquids so you dont get dehydrated. Talk to your dr about taking some more vitamin C....its supposed to help build your immunine system...in the mean time, eat an orange, and drink some orange juice....and remember to wash your hands after all contact. And maybe go get some lysol wipes and spray.....just for the entire families sake. Good luck and hope she gets better soon!!
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My son had shingles while I was pregnant. I was fine. Your body is going to feed your baby first, so make sure you keep taking fluids, and eat what you can. try oatmeal instead of poptarts :) wash your hands, etc. Women throw up because of morning sickness and are just fine. But as always, there is no MD after my name, so call your doc if you are concerned.
    tomib

Answer by tomib at 10:28 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I don't like oat meal
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Mar. 3, 2011