Sick To My Stomach

My S.O. just broke up with me for the dumbest reason...... He needs space. I know he likes me so what now? Is he comin back or is he on the road 4eva?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Just go on with your life; don't "wait' for him. Accept the fact that relationships end.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:18 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• likes you
    and he needs space
    =
    he is just not into you

find someone who is into you , all of you, loves you not likes you, and the only space he wants is a slight sliver between you two in bed making love, not making like
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:20 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• He's telling you that he needs space, for whatever reason - there could be a dozen different reasons. It's your choice whether you wait around for him to deal with his issues or not. I don't know your relationship, how strong, connected, whatever, but if it were me, I would enjoy life - go out with your friends, pick out some new stuff for your place, et cetera, and make yourself feel good and strong. When he comes around, you'll have a clear head to decide whether it's worth taking him back or not. Good luck. I know it hurts a bunch right now, but it will get better.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:20 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I cant answer that but if he needs his space give it to him. No matter how much it hurts act busy. Dont act needy. Dont have sex with him. Pretend you are fine with it. Either he will think he really screwed up and ask to come back, or he wont. But you will know how he feels for sure then.

Answer by gemgem at 10:23 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Move on. "I need space" is the polite way of saying I like you but not enough to put anymore time into this relationship.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 10:29 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I would not wait around for any man who claims he needs "space". That is basically like saying "I don't want to be in a relationship, I'm too immature" or "I want to fool around with other people". Don't waist your time, it is precious.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• if he "needs space" that means he does not know what he wants. Give him the space, he will either find he can't live without you or he will move on. But don't wait, he initiated this by using the "needing space" rationale. Live your life....if he comes back go from there, if not then you are better off without him. Don't stop living because odds are that he won't.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 11:04 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• move on..
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 11:09 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Give him what he wants. Move on. You don't need to sit around and wait for some guy.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:16 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Hmmm while I think this book takes it from one extreme to the other but you should read "why men love bitches" Remember to take it lightly and not too serious but I think it offers some good insight into learning how to be happy with you so that you can give a man the space he craves. :)
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 12:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2011