Today I'm home sick from work. :( Should I still take the kids to daycare?

I see it two ways. I can keep the kids home with me and be sahm (for a day lol!) like I use to be before this job, or I can take them to daycare so that they don't get my really bad cold, and in turn, I won't have to miss again. ....What should I do? I would love to keep them. With my cold though, I have completely lost my voice, so I'm not able to talk to them. They're 3 and 16 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would take them to day care. They'll have more fun, and you can rest.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• That's a rough one. I wouldn't want them to get sick. And afterall they are going to need care. I personally think a daycare or even relatives house might be good just until you get better. Chances are if you are sick the germs could spread and your not gonna want that to happen. Hospital bills and pain for your children. One day when you get better you should relax and enjoy time with them. At least you'll be able to talk......Good luck :) Hope you feel better
    Miszross

Answer by Miszross at 10:39 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Take them to daycare. This way you can rest and sleep and not have to worry about them. They will have more fun at daycare. If you're that sick what are you going to do with them? Put them in front of the tv. If your kids teachers were as sick as you would you want them at day care in that condition?
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 10:42 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• If you are sick, take them to daycare and take this very very rare opportunity to spend the day in bed in a quiet house. Get better. You can't be a good mom when you are sick. I get wanted to play SAHM, but do that on a beautiful spring day when you are all feeling great so you can have fun. Plan a vaca day just for that another time. Feel better!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:43 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• i would take them to daycare. you need ur rest so you can get better also if you are paying for the day why not use it
    pfancook

Answer by pfancook at 10:44 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Take a day to rest
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:48 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Take them to daycare and get your rest. If you're feeling better later you can pick them up early today.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:57 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I'd take them. You can get more rest, and you've already paid for them to be there, right?
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:02 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• You need a day to rest and recuperate. They won't enjoy being home if you aren't able to play with them and/or entertain them, they would much rather be having fun playing with the other kids. Hope you got some sleep and are feeling better.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Thanks ladies! That's what I did. Took them to daycare, but didn't really rest. Instead I paid lots of bills :(. But, at least they had a fun day! lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Mar. 3, 2011