Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Help w/ job choice.

My DH has been retraining for truck driving and has to go back to Atlanta possibly today. He just, got an interview w/ a local company at a boat plant and it's just, up the street from our house. He'd rather not go back on the road in a truck but, he has to have a job. He won't know until tomorrow if, he has the job but, in the meantime the trucking job is suppose to call back to let him know when to go to Altanta. So, my question is besides a doctor appt. ( don't want to use that) what can he say to delay them til tomorrow to find out other job results? My brain isn't working this morning and I can't think of anything .

Answer Question
 
pswiley

Asked by pswiley at 10:45 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 17 (4,349 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • You can say he is having car problems
    The kids are sick have to go to ER
    Mom is sick have watch the kids
    He was diagnosed with the flu and cant come in
    gemgem

    Answer by gemgem at 10:47 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • How long will he be gone to Atlanta? Is there anyway that he could go ahead and go to Atlanta and start his new job when he gets back? He doesn't need to mess up at his current job for a possibility of another job. Besides, it might show good character if he does get the job and tells them that he has made a commitment for "X" amount of days at his current job and would start as soon as he gets back. Good luck to him!

    JeremysMom

    Answer by JeremysMom at 10:48 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • The local job wants him to start monday if, he gets it. If, he goes on to Altanta he could be gone gone for another month. He Doesn't know what to do.
    pswiley

    Comment by pswiley (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • I always get in the same situations and am in fact sitting here thinking of something to say on my end as well. I had a great job possibility..they asked me to drive about an hour away to pick something up for it... I am assuming this is good news.. however, in the meantime, someone else asked me for an interview at noon. Ugh... I don't really want the noon interview job though, so I guess I'm safe. Be honest maybe.. just tell them he has something to do today and wouldn't be able to make that time.
    m-avi

    Answer by m-avi at 10:55 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • Well, seeing as it's Thursday, and the new job would want him to start Monday, couldn't he just tell them he'd be in Atlanta on Monday? But, from what you tell us, neither company has called yet, so maybe it'll end up being a mute point.
    HotMama330

    Answer by HotMama330 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.