Too potty or not too potty?

we started potty training my 2 year old about 2 months ago, everything was going great no accidents, up until recently he just stopped trying and now he pees in his pull up i don't get why he just stopped any suggestions on how i get him back on potty track

pfancook

Asked by pfancook at 10:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• switch him to underwear...he needs to feel those accidents on his skin. I would say maybe he is not ready but because he was doing so good I take pull ups away. once my kids basically get it down except at night they wear underwear.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• we gave our son nothing but praise when he did good... on his good days, he received so many compliments about being a big boy, he tried extra hard... and he was rewarded.. a cookie, coloring, or a new Hotwheel car was added to his collection...
    on his bad days, he felt terrible... he didn't know why he wet his pull ups.. so we just nicely explained that he had to continue to try very hard to run to the potty.. big boys go in the potty, and they get to wear really cool underwear, once they are potty trained.....
    we also changed the theme in the bathroom, to something he liked... he loved Finding Nemo... watched it almost daily.. we changed everything in the bathroom, to an Ocean theme... he loved it... especially the toilet seat.. it was a clear seat, with fish inside... he loved going potty after that...
    Hearts_n_Stars

Answer by Hearts_n_Stars at 11:05 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Get rid of the pul up as PP states. There is nothing stopping him from peeing in it since it will absorb it. Basically a big kid diaper.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• thanks for the suggestions, i went to the store with my big boy and 4 packages of underwear later. we will give it a go THANKS
    pfancook

Comment by pfancook (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2011