Got a question about the ghosties!

I have a post about being afraid my apartment is haunted. I was wondering, if I had a blessing done, would it work even if I don't believe in God and Satan? This is assuming of course that you believe blessings work for haunted houses and my house is even haunted. 

If you want to read the post and comment or bump (it would be really appreciated because I'd like lots of input) here's the address:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/preschool/forums/read/13508311/Convinced_my_apartment_is_haunted?last#last

metalhealthmom

Asked by metalhealthmom at 10:58 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• "Ghosts" come in a number of forms. Depending on the type of "Ghost" you are dealing with the positive energy of your blessing could be enough. However, with others, it wouldn't be enough. Blessings really have nothing to do with God or Religion, they are simply an infusion of positive energy.

Personally, unless the being is causing you harm, I wouldn't see any reason to try and rid yourself of it. There really is nothing to fear. MOST of what we classify as "ghosts" can fall in to one of two categories 1.) Residual energy - which is like a video on repeat that keeps playing over and over. And 2.) Spiritual Return of a Past - A person whom has passed but whom is affecting this realm. It's only when we get in to the third & forth types (3.) Poltergeist 4.) Spirit beings - which are very very rare) that we get in to any "danger zones" and even then not all of these are dangerous or worth ridding either.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:39 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• If you don't believe in God, I would think you would want a cleansing done instead - it's more of a spiritual thing instead of a religious thing.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:00 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I'm a Non-Denominational Christian and anyone can do what we call "Purging the House" but it is, of coarse, best if there is someone there that is sensitive to the spirit realm as well as someone that knows what they're doing. Because they can tell where the spirits are, sometimes why they're there, and when they have left. It is my experience that if they are causing anyone fear than they are hurting them, especially when it's a child that's afraid. And where there is one there are usually more. Keep a watchful eye and do whatever you need to do to keep your child and your family safe and protected.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Ah, ok. I kind of always thought they were the same thing! Thanks!
    metalhealthmom

Comment by metalhealthmom (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It could work. I dont think you need to believe but believing helps. You can try a cleansing though with Sage.

Answer by gemgem at 11:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Its not really 'harming' us but it does scare my son. And that makes it hard for anyone to get any sleep in this place!!
    metalhealthmom

Comment by metalhealthmom (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I believe in God (and I also believe that God can show "himself" in different ways to different people). I believe that God (in whatever form someone approaches him) will help - so sure, I'd ask someone to help you cleanse the house.

For the record, I am Catholic. So I believe very strongly in spirits and that the bad ones should be banished. In our church we would call that exorcism.
    angelmommy11

Answer by angelmommy11 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Yeah, but I thought the guidelines for exorcism were very strict and rigid. Mind you, I'm going by websites that promote movies like The Exorcism of Emily Rose, so I could be wrong.

I don't know what's going on. I guess I'll do a little sleuthing before I get into something. I'd feel awfully silly having someone come into cleanse the house and then them being like, oh, look, steam!
    metalhealthmom

Comment by metalhealthmom (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• If its scaring ur son id be a little concerned to that was our problem with why our son could never be in our room after night fall!
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 9:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• We had a similar problem but the ghost we had liked to play with ds.... we would also have a lot of activity if our closet doors were left open, it was litterally impossible for us to sleep with them open, and the more the ghost gets thought of or talked about the more active it be came. we ended up moving when our lease was up to find a place closer to dh job.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2011