First time surrogate

I've been talking with a couple in CA for awhile. They want a gestational surrogacy, which is what I want also. The process is really starting to get serious, and I'm freakin' excited! :) But I just want to know any advice from experienced SM's, about things that you didn't know of but found out the hard way? Any details I should be aware of, that I may not already know? Any kind of advice for me? :) Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I do not have any advice, other than to tell you, you are wonderful for doing this!

Answer by older at 11:07 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I don't either but you are awesome for doing this! I wish I had the strength and guts to do it! Are you gonna move near the couple during the pregnancy?
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:09 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Your lucky no agency would take me so I'm donating my eggs :) good luck I'm excited for you!
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 11:21 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Thank you all!
    @ June_Mama09: No, I will not be moving near them, I live in Ohio. But they have offered to pay all traveling expenses, if they want me to see a doctor in CA, or just to visit, showers, whatever. :)
    @Heidikans: I did not go through an agency either. I met my IP's on surrogatemothers.com. We came to an agreement on all the details. They hired a lawyer to come up with a contract, & it's a done deal. :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Mar. 3, 2011