Where is the support and guidance?

I am a mother of four(ages 7,4,2,1,and one due in march). I thought this website was just what i needed.Help,support,guidance,and tips from other experienced moms.But then I became a member and found there is more bashing of each other here than any other website. Why can't we stop judging each other and help each other?

Nikki_91510

Asked by Nikki_91510 at 3:15 AM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Just for Fun

• It depends on the group! Try Mothers Who Mentor: http://www.cafemom.com/group/50971
    No bashing there, but we might not have all the answers since we are a smaller group. Support YES!
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 3:23 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Some women just feel the need to be rude!!! They had nothing better going on in their day so they need to create drama, not everyone is like this. Suppory and helpful we are supossed to be but unfortunetly its not what you always get
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 3:25 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• It gets so ugly on here sometimes that I have almost hit the delete button 50 times... but there are nice women on here that make up for all the meanies. Look for the groups that work for YOU =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• i disagree i have had some problems here latley (my "hhusband" is a jerk" and the ladies on this site have been very supportive and compasionate
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 4:44 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• there is alot of bashing on here for no apparent reason i dont understand it either i try to help where i can and if i can't i don't even bother answering i don't know why other people can't do that but i guess there has to be a smart ass or two or ten in every group lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:38 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I have seen alot of bashing too but not all groups or members are that way. You just need to find women with the same personality and situations you have. I know having been a member and group owner of various sites keeping the negative moms away is often hard.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• You just gotta know which groups to stay out of. I have many groups on my list that are very very supportive and compassionate. I have four kids too. Look on my page for the one about moms to 4 kids or more. If you are not already a part of that group, I reccomend it. They are nice and lots of fun. If you don't want to debate religion, or politics, then just committ yourself to stay away from those groups. There are some great moms here and some I have met in person. I am sorry that you haven't found support. Again, look through my groups and see if theres anything you can relate to. I would also be happy to be your friend too.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:10 AM on Nov. 21, 2008