If you're getting a tax return back, how are you spending it?

On something special or debt-reduction? We're going with debt-reduction which will in turn free up income to further our debt-reduction. :)

Nonoluna

Asked by Nonoluna at 11:22 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• It goes right into savings.

Answer by older at 11:23 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• We bought a Tempurpedic bed-$3300 ouch!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• We already got ours back and spent it lol. Well I was out a computer for a few months cause mine stopped working so wespent so on that which we got a deal it was 371 with tax. Then DH let the kids each pick on thing out from the store. Then we bought a meat package at the meat store and groceries. We paid the house payment and some bills. Then we got back 477.00 from the state so DH bought 2 more meat packages to fill our freezer it was filled completely lol. It still is at 2 or 3 weeks later. We bought more groceries with that and got some dinner.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Paid off credit card, paid attorney (stupid XH), the rest will be combined with SO's for home renovation, honeymoon and family vacation.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Debt.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:31 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Pay off some credit cards (used way too much credit past few months due to my husband pay cut), give my adult son a little bit of money to help him out with a car, stock the freezer in the garage back up with meat, take my daughter out to a nice dinner for her bday (she's going to be 14), reserve a hotel room to celebrate our "first date anniversary". And just use the rest to supplement the bills until my husband gets going on the new job he just got.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I forgot all about savings as an option as well...so looking forward to that day! :)
    Nonoluna

Comment by Nonoluna (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Already had it a month ago and its all but gone (other then what we put into savings). We had to get a car for me, fix dhs car, pay down bills, do some things for the kids, and replace some things around the home (home improvement) and now were in save mode.

Answer by gemgem at 11:40 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• We wanted to pay off our debt. Instead we ended up having to replace a major home appliance. Bye-bye refund.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Our Federal refund goes to paying our city taxes. Our state refund goes in to savings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2011